Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Every Single Day is special

When I nurse, I don't read books. I stare at my beautiful, miracle baby. He has brought so much joy into our lives in his short month of life. His cheeks have doubled in size, which makes him look more and more like our other kids. This one of him sleeping looks like Clark's hair...
This one looks like Grant a lot, and a bit of Clark's nose. I am waiting EVER so patiently for the first smile. He's almost 5 weeks, and it should be arriving any day. I will think of it as Drew's gift to me for feeding him every 3 hours for the past 35 days. Well worth it!
Here Grant is reading to the boys about "World Leaders", and even Drew is participating (on left). Grant was supposed to be holding him, but decided that the couch was doing a fine job. He's multi-tasking.
Daddy loves to give Drew a bath, and Drew loves to get them. He just sits there enjoying the warm water, never making a sound. For as much as he spits, he gets a lot of baths to clean out that cute little (chubby) neck. We love this little boy SO much!

Funny story about Clark.. (I do have 4 other children, who have adjusted quite nicely to the move, by the way). I handed Clark a cookie from Ikea in the car the other day. You know the ones that are round, with a round dollup of chocolate in the middle? Anyway, I handed it to him, and he said "Wow...these are well designed!"

One more funny... our John is known for having one volume...LOUD! NO matter how much you ask him to speak sweetly or softly, he retreats back to his normal volume within seconds. Last Saturday, while we were setting up the trampoline, I heard John yelling at full voice about something...right afterwards, Clark said (in a yelling voice himself) "John! You do not have to yell as loud as a fire engine!" Well said, buddy!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Beautiful!

Kami said...

Vanessa, Your kids are all so adorable! Can't wait to see them in person!

Ladybug143 said...

He is adorable! I can't wait for my little guy! :)

The Comers said...

What a beautiful baby boy! Very happy for you guys.

Andrew, send me your new contact info, would love to catch up!

Brian Comer

Diana said...

Oh wow! These pictures make me so baby hungry! Congratulations, again! I'd be staring at his beautiful face too!

B said...

Wow Vanessa! You've had quite a year so far!!! Congratulations on all the new things in your life. Your little boy is darling - I love the name Drew - and I'm so jealous of the yard. How exciting getting back to Utah to be around your family. I love Draper. It all sounds wonderful!

Rebecca said...

He's so beautiful! Hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks.