Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Biggest Surprise Ever!

Before I left the hospital with my Pulmonary Embolism, the doctor told me 5 times (no exaggeration) that under NO circumstance should I get pregnant. Coumadin can be very damaging to a fetus, particularly in weeks 6-12 of pregnancy. And because I would be on Coumadin for the rest of my life, our childbearing years were over. With heavy hearts we agreed, and were even giggling that she repeated herself SO many times.

So, we came home and tried to stay "out of trouble". We did pretty well, I thought.

But...SURPRISE! We're pregnant! I have seen baby on ultrasound twice, and he/she is absolutely a miracle!

Because I stopped Coumadin at 4 weeks pregnancy, they think baby will probably avoid any side effects of the medicine.

Due Date: February 23, 2009
Current Status: 12 weeks

I have felt nauseated, but have not experienced any vomiting. I have started to see the light at the end of the tunnel with my energy level. Thanks to a sweet summer "helper" and patience from the kids, I have been able to take a nap everyday during "quiet time". I look forward to being my OLD self again!

They switched me to a medication called Lovenox, a daily injection. It's worth it for the baby!

We have faith that the Lord is watching over us and our little lime-sized baby and He knows our needs and loves us very much.

19 comments:

Joanna said...

It truly is a little miracle! The Lord just has His own plan as to when a family should expand, I guess. I wish I was there to take your kids when you feel yucky.

Melanie said...

Congrats! You have beautiful children. I'm excited to see this one too!

Melissa said...

Vanessa!!! I'm so happy and excited for you! There could be no place a new child would be more blessed to come to than the Croshaw home and family! Faith hinted to us about having a new brother or sister when we saw you at the Pioneer Day broadcast, but we didn't know if we were supposed to know yet, so we didn't say anything...but we've been patiently waiting and hoping for your little miracle announcement ever since!

It really is a miracle--the Lord must know this precious child is definitely supposed to come to your family, despite any obstacles your doctor said you would have. Congratulations, Jon and I both really are so happy for you and your family. I wish so badly we could be in the ward when he/she comes, but we'll definitely have to visit since we'll still be nearby! Let us know if you need ANYTHING! Babysitting offers are still up for grabs. :)

Laura said...

I know you and your family are being watched over, and that all will be well. We are so thrilled for your sweet and dear family!

Wendy said...

Wow, Vanessa, congrats!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and the baby. Please let me know how I might help!

Team Hanni said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm am so happy for you! You have such a beautiful family - and you are such a fabulous mommy. What an awesome miracle. You made my day!

CONGRATS!!!

shamers said...

congratulations! that's wonderful news. we're so happy for you and all the big siblings!

John and Marcia said...

Vanessa -

I am so happy for you! I had no idea how much joy a baby could bring into a family until Bryce joined ours. What a special spirit he/she is to join your family!

Outnumbered said...

wow!!! congratulations vanessa!!!

Erica said...

Ohh I am SO excited for you guys! I just yelled to TJ in the other room and he came running to me thinking that something was wrong! We are just THRILLED for you guys!! What a lucky baby to come to such a wonderful family! Our babies won't be too far apart! So much fun!

Kaylynn said...

I am so happy for you guys! It definitely is a miracle. Kaylynn

Bekka said...

Congrats! You are a great mother and that little baby is so blessed to be a part of your sweet family. My prayers are with you and the baby.

Bekka said...

Congrats! You are a wonderful mother and that baby is so blessed to join your sweet family. My prayers are with you and the baby.

Diana said...

HEY!!! CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting and what a blessing! Guess your little "sabatical" is over! We love you all and are glad to hear you're on the mend, Vanessa! I added your blog to out "blog list" at www.everythingcroshaw.blogspot.com Hope you don't mind!
Love, Diana

Nicole said...

This is great news! Congratulations. :) I'm sure this one will be just as beautiful as the others. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Lindi said...

Congratulations Vanessa and family! What a great announcement. We are so excited for you!

ellen insights said...

Hearing news like this makes me wish that Geoff and I were still in Virginia. We are both so happy for you. Congradulations!

Amber said...

Congratuations on your little miracle! I am so happy for you and your ever expanding family.

Fowler family said...

Vanessa,

I just found your blog via Amy W.'s Wow! congratulations! I am so happy for you. You know, things happen for a reason. Take care of yourself. Let us know if you Croshaws ever make it back to Provo and we'd love to FINALLY :) have you over to eat.