Saturday, November 3, 2007

I CAN SEE! On Thursday morning, I had LASIK eye surgery, and I am a new woman! I have worn glasses since 3rd Grade and contacts since 6th grade! This was a life-changing event for me, and my Mom & Dad were here to experience it with me. These are my "cool" sunglasses that I have been wearing everywhere (including inside the house). They could be much worse (see next picture). Although my eyes aren't perfect yet, I have hope that they will continue to improve!
These are my night-time goggles - good thing only Andrew gets to see me this cute! We got laughing last night because I just looked so ridiculous, but they certainly help me to NOT rub my eyes in the night.
We visited the World War II Monument this afternoon, and this is in front of the waterfalls. There is water EVERYWHERE at this monument, and Grant wanted to see how close he could get without actually falling in. So, he'd run and then jump right BEFORE he reached the water, giving his mother a heart-attack everytime! But, I was a water-loving child, so I can't get too upset!
Papa and Johnny at the World War II Memorial. We have called him Johnny so much, that he forgot his name was John. I called him John at gymnastics the other day, and he started laughing and said "My name isn't John, it's Johnny Ottley Croshaw!" Silly Mommy! We have two "big" friends that are named John, so for now I guess he's John-knee Ottley Croshaw!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mimi & grand shot is simply perfect. How fun to have your parents out visiting.

Team Hanni said...

Vanessa!!!

Your family is soooooooo beautiful! It's so fun to see how your cute kids have grown.

I am so jealous about your Lasik surgery. Someday.......... How are your eyes doing?

Cute, Cute, Cute blog! So fun to have found you guys again!

Jana + family