Thursday, November 15, 2007

Karate and more Arlington Cemetary

Grant had his first Karate competition last Thursday night. He wasn't the best one at his "moves", but he was such a good sport when he "lost" the match - he clapped for the other boy, and nodded his head like he knew that was the right decision. Grant really enjoys karate...now if only he wouldn't use it on his brothers! Hmmmmm....
Here's the family in front of John F. Kennedy's grave. Wow, there are some great quotes etched in marble here. At the bottom right side of the picture you can see the "Eternal Flame" which was very fascinating to my always-thinking Grant.
Someone finally ordered in FALL! The leaves are just breathtaking - who knew it would happen in the middle of November?
This is at the Amphitheater right behind the Tomb of the Unknown. I couldn't resist this pose, and I think it turned out really cute!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Grant is so dignified. Way to be a sport.

I love your DC pictures. The posed ones with the pillars is adorable.

I LOVE the leaves in Maryland. I was always amazed how long they lasted.

Joanna said...

I love the family photo between the pillars! So cute! It needs YOU in it, though!

Unknown said...

I think you guys have the cutest family! I love the picture at the stairs!

Jennifer said...

Hi - Wanted to stop by your blog again to say thank you for your beautiful Christmas card. I've loved reading all your family happenings here. I also must mention that your writing on the envelope was some of the most beautiful penmanship I've seen. I first thought you had printed it in duel fonts. Then I realized that you took the time to handwrite the address. I thought it was stunning!!