Monday, June 9, 2008

Grant is Baptized!

Our Saturday was so wonderful! Our oldest son, Grant, was baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Mimi led the music, Faith gave the opening prayer, Aunt Rosemary gave a sweet talk, acting as her twin sister (Grandma Croshaw), and Uncle Jack (President Wixom) spoke about the Holy Ghost.
After Grant was baptized, he got up and bore a very sweet testimony. He told us afterwards "I was really, really nervous, but I was trying to make it look like I wasn't!" Andrew reassured him that we all feel that way when we speak, and Mimi added that it shouldn't keep him from sharing his testimony in the future!
Heavenly Father "granted" me this sweet boy 8 years ago, and now as I get to see him join the church and become one of Heavenly Father's Valiant Servants, I just couldn't be happier. Grant will do so much good in his life, and I feel so blessed to be his mother!

The baptism was held at the Mt. Vernon building, just across the street from the Potomac River and a couple miles from Mt. Vernon, where George Washington had an estate. I think this will be a fun memory for Grant to share with his friends as he grows older. We love you, Grant!

We finished out our day with a trip to the Washington D.C. temple. The kids stayed and played with our dear friends, Jon and Melissa, while we enjoyed some adult time. The temple was beautiful and we enjoyed a very impressive lightning show on our drive home!

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Katy said...

Vanessa - you are gorgeous and so is your family.

Erica said...

I really wish we could have been there to see him to get baptized. He is so darling. And I must say how much I really love your parents!!

Joanna said...

I just love this boy so much, it hurts! It's incredible how he can instantly bring a smile to my face, even through pictures! Give that boy a big hug from JoJo!

The Snow Family said...

What a handome young man Grant has become! Is he 8 already? I have such fond memories of teaching Grant in nursery in our Boston ward. He had such a sweet spirit and was just starting to form his little testimony! And he was the only 3 year old around I knew that could say 'trapezoid'. He's going places! Congratulations Grant on your baptism. Love, The Snows

shamers said...

what a wonderful weekend! grant, we're so proud of your wonderful decision and wish we could have been there to share it with you!

Southwick Family said...

Hooray for you Grant! You will be a great member of the church... we are so proud of you and the decision you've made. Way to go!

Three and Counting said...

how is it that you look like you haven't aged a day or gained a pound? Not fair my dear.. not fair.

Cianne said...

What a special day! I am so proud of Grant and his decision to be baptized. I am sure the service was beautiful and the Spirit testified of the importance. Wish we could have been there to show our support.

jenbahrens said...

Congratulations Grant! Sounds like a wonderful meeting.

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

Vanessa, your family is beautiful. Thank you for making your blog easy to remember. It's fun to see what you're up to way over there. I just started a blog. It's pretty fun. I'd like to keep in touch. aalebaron@yahoo.com or thelebaronbunch.blogspot. Hope you're havin a great summer,
Love ya tons, Andrea LeBaron

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

Vanessa,
Wow, thank you for having such an easy blog name to remember. It's fun to see how you and your beautiful family is doing way over there. I'd like to keep in touch... aalebaron@yahoo.com or thelebaronbunch.blogspot. I hope you're having a fab summer.
Love ya tons,
Andrea LeBaron