Friday, October 3, 2008

A fun week so far...

We had our Primary Program this past Sunday at church, and it went VERY well. I'm the Music Director for the Primary Kids, and I love it! Everyone's favorite song is "Called To Serve", and I told them beforehand to sing as loud as they can, and they certainly DID! In fact, our non-member friend, Chris (who's been taking the discussions at our home) broke into applause at the end, quickly quieted by those around him. It made me smile, and I was grateful that he liked it so much.

We also invited our friends, the Filpis, our backdoor neighbors, to come with us on Sunday. They have 4 young children and they said the really liked it. The next morning, Kristen and I made Mom Croshaw's famous bread and had another great gospel conversation. They are such a sweet family.

This picture above is John combing his hair for church. He wanted a turn, and this is what he came up with. Even though I fixed it afterwards, his rowdy play made it look about like this before we entered the church. What's a mom to do? (wink)
Last night (Thursday) we went to see the Bar J Wranglers at the Kennedy Center in downtown DC. It was a FREE concert! Every night at 6pm, the Kennedy Center has a different group at the Millenium Stage, and we'd always wanted to go. So, when we heard it was the Bar J Wranglers, we were IN!
Tim Hodgson, the fiddler, was my fiddle teacher when I was about 15 and it was SO fun to hear them play again. I miss being on the stage, but can live vicariously through people I know who are doing it everyday! I don't think the crowd at the Kennedy Center knew what to think of them. They were all dressed up fancy for their other concerts later in the night (opera, Symphony) and so when a few of us were "whooping and hollering", they started to loosen up, just a bit.

It was a great night. Tonight (Friday) we're headed to the Nelson's home, a beautiful home in Alexandria. They have 5 children and a GREAT kid yard complete with zipline and fire pit. Andrew served his mission with Ryan, so we are excited to get to know them, again!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: