Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fun with Rachel & James

Our kids LOVE to ride on legs - do yours? They had so much fun last night! Rachel & James came over and hosted a "Breakfast for Dinner" Party complete with pajamas! Rachel sent each child an invitation earlier in the week, asking which breakfast foods they would like, and then...
they fixed them ALL: french toast, waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, orange juice, chocolate milk, and more! They also let the kids be "chef's assistants", which the kids LOVED (I think Rachel even let Grant crack the eggs - Mom's not quite that confident). Did I mention that Rachel ran 20 miles earlier in the day? I'm grateful that she can sleep in before church!
Here they are enjoying the fruits of their labors. Part of the "party" was that the kids each got to choose an activity. Clark chose to play "Zingo", James chose to build a train, John and Grant chose... (I don't know what they chose - I"ll get back to you on that one) and...
Faith chose to make a necklace! But, just in Rachel fashion, she went the Second Mile and made not only a beautiful necklace (Faith is wearing it) but a bracelet as well, which will be proudly worn to church this morning!

Thank you, Rachel and James for a lovely evening that the kids will never forget.

Where were Mommy and Daddy during all of this fun?

At the Kennedy Center in downtown DC, enjoying the amazing talent of Itzak Perlman and Pinchas Zucherman. It's an experience I will never forget. To watch Mr. Perlman hobble out on stage, bairly making it to the front, plop down on his chair, drop his crutches to his side, adjust his seat many times and then begin to play the most BEAUTIFUL music you've ever heard was AWE-inspiring. I will not be the same person again. He was a reminder to me of taking what the Lord has given you and not worrying about your challenges along the way. I can't say it eloquently, but his example (and talent) has truly changed my perspective on life.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ann's ART said...

What a fabulous experience for you! I am glad you got to go. Hope you are feeling great!

Audrey and the Boys said...

How wonderful that you got to see that concert. What a dream!

Unknown said...

We had so much fun with you kiddies. It was definitely a positive experience, and we would love to do it again!

Hilary said...

Hey Strangers! It's the DeAnda's (Hilary and Ian) from the Cambridge 2nd ward. We found your blog through other Boston friends! We are in the D.C. area as well and would love to get in touch with you guys. deandafamily at hotmail dot com! Drop us a line. Your kids have sure grown since we saw them last and you have added 2 1/2 more. Ian and I still laugh about cute little Grant in nursery quietly looking at me (Hilary) and saying "Poop" then smiling!!! So funny!

Tauna said...

Happy Anniversary to a very cute couple! I still remember meeting you two for the very first time. I remember thinking to myself....I want a marriage like they have. I knew you two loved each other and it's very clear that you love each other even more now!! Thanks for your perfect example ~