Wednesday, February 4, 2009

7 days to BABY...and counting!

What would YOU do the week before your baby arrives?

I am definitely nesting...cleaning every cupboard in Mom's house that I come in contact with. We even tackled the Storage Room today - big improvement, but not completely done yet.

I am preparing for baby...got my onesies, sleepers, binkies, bottles, burp cloths, hats and blankets. It's fun to find great deals for this little guy! And because I have NOTHING from my previous babies here at the house (it's all in the POD), I was justified in stocking up, at least enough to get us through the first couple weeks without our stuff.

I am sleepy and worn out, yet uncomfortable when I'm in my bed. This is not a good combination. I am fully aware that my life will be turned upside down in just 7 short days. Believe me...I"d love to sleep more than I am, but it's just not happening.

I am still giving myself Lovenox shots everyday, only now I do it in the morning rather than the evening. This will make it easier to "time" the induction, and better ensure that I will, in fact, be able to have an epidural at delivery. If, for some reason, I went into labor by myself, and it hadn't been 24 hours since the last shot, they would NOT give me an epidural! So, I'll skip my last shot, and everything should be just great. I have done more than 250 shots, and I only have about 7 more...Hallelujah!

Today, I did something not many pregnant women do a week before delivery...I went to the Cannery! I canned about 500 pounds of Hard White Wheat, as well as Oats, White Beans, Pinto Beans and Black Beans. I didn't even begin to complete my list of "wants", but we are again ready for an emergency, and it feels GOOD! A dear member of our new Draper ward came to the house and unloaded every one of those boxes into our garage. Wasn't that sweet?

Things to do before baby...speak in church, close on house, arrival of appliances, carpets cleaned, highlight my hair, shave legs, finish packing the hospital bag, download pictures, Valentines for the kids and Andrew, and more (I'm sure there's more).

Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOW it's crunch time!!! Your list looks good and long. HOpe you don't wear yourself out before delivery. Sounds exhausting.

Congrats on the new home!!! How Wonderful!

The Stradling Family said...

Vanessa,
you make me tired just reading your blog! :) Good luck with everything and make sure to post pictures when the baby arrives!

Tender Mercies said...

Vanessa! It's SOOOO good to get an update from you! I think about you all the time. I'm so sad I wasn't able to help you move, and I wish I could help you now. You are going to be amazing... you ARE amazing. I wish you the very very very best!

Kami said...

You are so on the ball! Stop making the rest of us (who haven't even downloaded our Christmas photos!) look bad! :) You're amazing! Good luck with the baby/move/etc!

Diana said...

Can't wait to hear more about the little guy once he gets here! All my "happy pushing" thoughts are with you!

Ladybug143 said...

I nested a lot, but you are the crazy nester! Good luck with everything! You and Jennifer are loving having the babies. She pregnant with 6 and she knows there is at least a number 7 on the way!