Sunday, February 15, 2009

More of Drew...

This is Drew's home tanning bed - aka the Bili Bed. When we left the hospital, they delivered this for his continued treatment of his Bilirubin. The bed glows, as does the little paddle that we lay on his tummy. He was SO cute, and the kids loved the glasses. We were even tempted to color the glasses to look like Mr. Incredible!

Just home from the hospital on Saturday, Feb. 14, Valentine's Day! I can already tell that this boy is going to be a patient one! He just lets out these little mini-cries and then waits for someone to come. He is already such a joy in our home!

Drew's Bilirubin treatments in the hospital. Because his levels were still too high, they kept him one day longer than I stayed. At first thought, I didn't worry about it, because they said I could do a "Hotel Stay" at the hospital, and be right there to nurse him. But, when my sweet nurse, Marcia, said that the beds were all full and I couldn't stay, my post-pregnancy emotions went into overload and I just cried and cried!
It was SO hard to leave him there, but as it always does, everything worked out and we brought him home the next morning! We are just so blessed and can't even count our blessings fast enough!


Here's our little munchkin making a funny face. This shiny blanket was provided by Mimi, and does NOT work as a blanket because he slides right out. Maybe he'll like it as his little "lovey".



Just out! Sweet as can be, and already bringing such a peaceful Spirit into our home.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I still have the little goggle glasses that James wore. The hospital was too full for me to stay with him too. How I wish they had one of those cool beds to send home with me.

Drew is absolutely adorable. I hope to get a closer peek when we slip into Draper in a couple of weeks.

Congrats!!!

Julie said...

I totally should have asked fro Broncos' goggles, I am glad to hear all is well.