Sunday, September 23, 2007

Faith on Daddy's shoulders. If you look closely, Daddy is trying to read to them from the scriptures...
They were much more interested in wrestling than reading scriptures. Andrew is such a good sport about it, and patient through the whole time. Sometimes when we get this close to bedtime, I just let him handle them, because I am ready to have a little break and move on to my other jobs...laundry, dishes, etc. Isn't my life exciting?
This is Faith at her very first soccer game! She was so funny. She got out there and was running fast and kicking the ball, but something happened, and her demeanor completely changed for the second half of the game...
She wouldn't even go in and play! We were so confused as to what had happened. She was saying things like "They're all better than I am" and "I'm not even fast!" We just continued to encourage her and tell her that this was fun and she was GOING to like it! Hard as a parent not to get frustrated...we didn't know what had changed in such a short time. But, she did finally change and perked up for about the last 2 minutes of the game, did the "2,4,6,8, who do we appreciate cheer" and had a smile on her face when the treat came out!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I've never seen a cuter soccer player in my life! But I do like the smiling picture a little better than the scowling one. Keep smiling, Faith!

Adri said...

I think they always like the treat best. :) Way to stick it out, Faith!