Sunday, September 23, 2007

Here is Faith at the end of the game. I'll let you know how it goes next week! Her team is just so fun! There are 3 other girls on the team that she already knew from preschool. The coaches are darling, so we couldn't be in a better situation!. I think "Less is more" when we talk to her during the game. WE're going to try it.
Clark and John on the "Potomac River Cruise" with our friends the Murrays. Their son, Will, was celebrating his first birthday, so they invited us to go along with them on the "cruise". Andrew took the kids while I drove up to my performance at the Temple Visitors Center. They had a great time, but nearly gave me a heart attack while we were waiting for the boat. They each had a bag of goldfish to feed to the ducks, and Clark was looking WAY over the edge to see the duck get the goldfish. He was so interested in watching that he tried to push past me, and stumbled, nearly falling into the water! I grabbed his britches, or we would have both been going for a swim! The Potomac is not known for it's CLEAN water...let's just leave it at that.
Here's Grant with Washington DC behind him. I can't tell if that's the WAshington Monument, but he looks happy. Sweet Grant had to miss his soccer game to do the boat tour, and was such a great sport about it. He has really grown up a lot. Here's a funny fact...when Grant was 3 years old, he absolutely would NOT sing in Primary. When asked about it,he'd just reply "I already know the words!" So, Andrew and I were sure he'd never sing, never carry a tune and never like Primary.
Well, NOW...he sings his little heart out. So loudly, that I have to ask him to sing softer! It's almost a disruption in Primary. What do I do? I'd rather him sing than not, so I think I"ll just let it go! I sure love my big 7-year-old helper!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow! I sure love this cute 7-year-old! He has always been super special to me and still is! What a great kid!

Mindy said...

Vaness, let Grant sing his little heart out! I wish I could be there to hear him! That is the BEST thing about primary, hearing the kids sing with no inhibitions. I love it. Would it be wrong to get a video of that?