Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm Home!!!

I was supposed to come home yesterday. But, as I sat in the wheelchair waiting for my chest x-ray, I realized how much my lung hurt! It hurt so much when I took in a deep breath that my back would spasm and shoot pain throughout. And that was with 2 Percocet!

My INR number was also only 1.7 (they wanted it to be 2), so we decided I should wait one more day to come home. So, after a very rough morning full of tears and pain, they gave me some Delodin (?) and evvvveerrrrryyyyytthtinnnnngggg was much better. In fact, it practically knocked me out for 4 hours!

That one more day of healing was just what I needed! They put me on a different pain medication that helped with the pain without making me drowsy or dizzy, and I was feeling good. To be able to take in a breath without pain was incredible, and I knew I was ready!

So, this morning, my number was at 1.9, but the other dr. said that he'd send me home at that level. Mom came to get me, we packed up all my things and were waiting on the bed for the doctor to discharge me. Much to our surprise, he came in and said "You really should stay for one more day!" But, he said he'd leave it up to me, and so I'm home. I will take Percocet every 8 hours for the pain, 5 mg of Coumadin every night at 6pm and Andrew will give me two shots of Lovenox in my stomach each day until Thursday when I'll go back to be tested again. By then, it most definitely will be at the level they'd like (between 2.0-3.0).

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and SERVICE! My family has benefited so much from your kind acts, and it has made it easy for me to relax in the hospital, knowing that the Crystal City Ward is taking care of my sweet ones!

I won't be myself for awhile - the dr. insisted that I stay in bed at least until my numbers are above 2.0, but I'm going to make the most of my time with the kids. We'll do homework, read books, and play all from bed.

My dear mother has definitely saved the day, cleaning and folding all the laundry yesterday and keeping our house running like clockwork. Thank you, Mom, for coming to our rescue. From the bottom of my heart, (and my lungs) I am grateful!

11 comments:

shamers said...

So glad to hear you're home. We've been checking the blog every couple of hours hoping for the good news. :) Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you and the family while you're recuperating. We love you, Vanessa!

M said...

Oh Vanessa, we are so glad you are doing better. What an awful experience. We're still praying for you.

Jennifer said...

I can't believe you are going through all of this! What a trial! The pain sounds horrible, but the shots in the stomach is just too much.

I'm glad your mom could be there. We're sending our love from afar and hoping the worst is over. Best wishes. -Jennifer

Joanna said...

Yay! So glad you're home and feeling better! I just wish I was there to help!

Mindy said...

Oh, Vaness, how I wish I could come and take a few shifts with your household! I ache to be there to do some laundry, clean bathrooms, and take care of my sweet sister and her family! I am so touched that your ward family has been so fantastic! Hopefully, next time we need each other like this, we'll be in the same country!

Kami said...

Vanessa, I am so happy you are home and can be with the kids again. I am SOO happy your mom is with you. I missed the news until tonight (Tues.) and was so sad to hear about everything. Andrew is a great blogger. You are in our family's prayers and we are so lucky to have you as friends. I am sending hopeful, healthful vibes your way. love you!

Shumway Adventures said...

I'm glad to hear your home, Our family has kept you in our prayers and thoughts. Working in the hospital I have seen many in your situation and have seen first hand the pain that comes with this, my heart has ached for you. Good luck, we will continue our prayers!

Adri said...

We're so glad you made it home and are feeling better. Please take it easy so you can recover quickly and completely. We're praying for you!

Alicia said...

Wow, Vanessa! I've just checked in and read about all the scary drama! I'm so glad to hear that you are home and all is improving. I wish we weren't so far away...I'd bring over a lasagna ;) We will be praying for your continued speedy recovery! Hugs!

H&M Bush said...

Vanessa & Andrew-
We are very glad that you are home and hopefully today your levels should be normal 2-3? We, like so many others, have kept you guys in your prayers and thoughts. I know your ward probably has things covered, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask. We think you guys are amazing in every respect and from the sounds of things you have been a real trooper Vanessa. We are glad you are feeling better! take care
Michael & Heather Bush

Bekka said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. You'll continue to be in our prayers. - Bekka