Sunday, May 11, 2008

We've turned a corner!

Andrew has done such a wonderful job of detailing all of my symptoms and the events of the past few days. I am so grateful for all that he's done to play Mr. Mom as well as Super Daddy! I feel so blessed to have him as my support! And I can't be grateful enough to all of you who have helped my family over the past few days: Corinne, Michelle, Lindsay, Shane, Mary, Rosemay, Spencer, Nicole, Jami, Eppersons, Margaret. Thank you for your calls of support to Andrew, who has appreciated them so much! It feels so good to know that we truly have a ward "family" here who has taken such wonderful care of us during our time of need!

Here are a few details leading up to my hospital stay.

Tuesday - sore through my right shoulder and back, but thought it was because I was doing so much writing in my Mother's day book for my Mom.
Continued to get worse into the evening.
By bedtime, I was only taking shallow breaths and my right shoulder was SO painful.
Took some Tylenol, went up to bed, and my pain went through the roof! I couldn't call downstairs to Andrew, because I was gasping for a breath. My right shoulder felt like there was a knife stabbed in the front! I made it downstairs gasping and crying for help.
Andrew administered a blessing to me, and commanded me to be healed and that I would make a "full recovery". I was able to find a comfortable spot on my left side and slept without moving an inch all night.

Wednesday - Woke up and felt the need to immobilize my right arm. Was inspired to call Mom Rich and ask her about her symptoms with her blood clot. When she described a PAINFUL 3-inch diameter circle in her back and 'a knife in her shoulder', I felt like we were onto something.

Gratefully, Andrew works with 2 doctors who were extremely helpful, and ultimately decided that I'd need at least a CT scan, EKG and Doppler tests, all which could be done at the hospital, so we brought the whole family down to the ER, and now here I am!

I am grateful that we were able to discover this "Protein S Deficiency" without having tragic results. My lungs are feeling better every day, and once I reach the right level of Coumadin in my system, they will let me come home. Hopefully, that will be tomorrow (Monday).

Happy Mother's day to you all - I am especially grateful to my mother who arrived last night to help! I love you so much, Mom!

9 comments:

shamers said...

So glad you're up to blogging! We're looking forward to your return home, though probably not as much as you are! :)

Lindsay said...

Yea Vanessa! We had a great day Friday with the boys. I hope they did as well. I missed seeing you at church today, especially on Mother's day. I want to come say goodbye for a few minutes maybe later this week. I am so glad you are feeling better. I'll call you later! Love you lots!

P.S. I just thought I'd let you know I put Daniel in time out while I was shopping at Target. Thanks to your encouragement shopping was MUCH better. We need to keep up our "how to raise kids" talks. They've really helped!!

Audrey and the Boys said...

Vanessa-
I am so glad that you are feeling well enough to check in on the blog! We will continue to keep you in our prayers. We would love to help out in any way once you are back home too. Happy Mother's Day to you! You are amazing!

Hyrum and Kiera said...

Vanessa! I'm so sad to hear of your experience but so happy to hear that you are doing better! I love you very much and your family is in my prayers!
Love,
Kiera

Adri said...

So glad to hear you are doing better. Busy, young mom's aren't supposed to get sick! :) I'm so glad your mom could be there. Take it easy...we are praying for you every day.

Corine said...

So glad you are feeling better. Hope you can come home soon. Reagan is quite excited to go play with the boys tomorrow! The expressions of love and concern from ward members continue. Know that you are in the prayers of many. Corine Bradshaw

Corine said...

Reagan is looking forward to playing with the boys tomorrow! We hope you continue to improve. Know that there are many at church who have expressed love and concern for you and your family. I'm sure you are anxious to be reunited with your family as soon as possible. Love to you - Corine

Michelle said...

Vanessa -- I'm so glad to hear your voice on the blog, and that you feel better. Michelle

Team Hanni said...

I'm so glad to hear a positive update!!! We have thought about and prayed a lot that you can recover and go home to your sweet kids. What a scary road you have just traveled. You two are such wonderful people. I'm so glad you have such great support. HIP HIP HORRAY for your adorable Mom for jumping on a plane! What a huge blessing! We'll keep you in our prayers.