Monday, May 19, 2008

She will sleep well tonight...

My dear mother, Linda, left me today. As my tears drip onto the keyboard, I can only tell you how grateful I am for her!

She washed/folded at least 10 loads of laundry, did all the dishes, cleanup, read books, sang songs, held my sweet John who was feverish from Strep Throat when I knew she could barely hold herself up, decorated for Andrew's birthday, made a homemade cake, organized my Rubbermaid drawer, and so much more!

I know that I could not have recovered like I have without my amazing mother. Thanks, Mom, for dropping everything in YOUR life to come save MY life. Your advice (and past personal experience) took me to the ER, where they discovered my blood clots, and possibly saved my life. Your Christlike service has helped in ways that you will never know. I love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart (and lungs!)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Joanna said...

She's the best kind of lifesaver!

Kami said...

Vanessa,

So glad you are feeling better! What a scary week for you! You have been in our thoughts and prayers and we hope life and health continues to stabilize as time goes on! You're beautiful--even in a hospital gown!

Alicia said...

Moms are the BEST! I know I couldn't live without mine! So glad to hear you are home and feeling better! Still praying for ya'! Hugs!

Amber said...

Mothers are magical in all that they can do and their mystic never wears off. I am so happy you are feeling better; what an answer to prayer.

Three and Counting said...

What- I just checked your blog- I haven't been too active on the computer since Gabe's birth but what happened? Are you allright? YOU had blood clots go to your lungs. I am going to scroll down farther to see if there is anymore info. I wish I was there to help you!