Thursday, July 31, 2008

Andrew's Fishing Trip

Andrew traveled to Alaska for Business reasons, but stayed an extra couple days to FISH! He said he felt so manly! On the very first day, he caught this 45 pound King Salmon! It took 15 minutes to reel in, and he brought us home some great looking salmon that we'll share with the Wixoms this weekend.
Here are the two fish from the trip - they said the river was pretty "dry", but at least they caught something! The usual limit is one giant fish per day - can you even imagine?
Andrew and Secretary Mike Leavitt. Andrew has truly enjoyed working for him these past 2 years. We feel so grateful to know him.
This cake picture snuck onto the end of this post - you can see the rest about JOhn's birthday on the post above. But, this was my attempt at the Curious George cake. Mindy gave me some great coaching via IM from Thailand, and I thought it turned out pretty cute - I wouldn't say it looks like George, but definitely a monkey, right?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Super cute cake, Vaness! I love the fur on the ears, I didn't think of doing that! And, I have to say, I'm jealous of the salmon. That is my FAVORITE! Yet, I never let myself buy it because it's so expensive! To think, catching it yourself and getting to have it right there in your home! Yum!

Adri said...

Looks like an adventure, Andrew. Chad loved his fishing experience in Alaska, too. I think it is a 'must-do' on the manly list. :)

Vanessa...I love the monkey cake. I made a Mindy-copy of this cake for Kate's 2nd birthday. What would we do without her creativity???

Happy Birthday, John! What a BIG boy!

Robinson Family said...

We discovered your fun blog. It's exciting to see pictures of your cute kids and amazing how much your family has grown. What a special group. We miss you guys and are trying to hold down the fort in Indy. It's just the Gerstners and us now. The Seedalls moved last month to Utah. Lavender came to visit last week and is near Evansville Indiana. We'll have to stay connected by checking your blog.

Audrey and the Boys said...

Those are amazing catches! WOW! Enjoy the salmon. I am sure it will be delicious!

Fay said...

Definitely a cute cake, Vanessa. Congrats on your huge catch in Alaska, Andrew! Wow!

Laneea said...

What a fun trip. I had to show Jeff your great fish. It has always been a dream of his Dad's to go to Alaska with his sons. Looks amazing