Monday, July 21, 2008

Camping with our NJ friends!

There is something magical about camping in a tent - I honestly think I could do it for a month...with my raised Aerobed, of course (wink). The boys are wrestling on the air mattress, but look at Clark's feet! They were filthy for the whole trip - part of the fun, I guess!
Here's my princess, Faith, in her pink and purple (her favorite colors) sleeping bag with "Sweet Sara" as her companion. We had to warn them all that IF they wet the bed, (which has been happening a lot lately) we would have to come home with STINKY sleeping bags! I think one of them still wet - what do you do???
The kids are "roasting" their sausages in the morning. It was more for the experience, because I think more ended up in the fire than in their mouths! But, I did make Buttermilk Pancakes and they turned out great!
Here's about half the crew eating breakfast. We had 6 adults and 10 children over 3 camping spots. Next post will talk about the BEACH, where we headed right after breakfast!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melissa said...

We just went camping this weekend too (up in NY), but it poured almost the entire time we were there. We still had a blast, but we sure missed having a campfire!

Call me Mimi said...

I kinda hate the fact that you had so much fun without us! :-(
But on the other hand...camping is always more fun without us! :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.