Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday, John

We had quite a time choosing a theme for John's birthday. Initially, we thought we'd do Knights, but when we got to the Party store, there was nothing to support that. So, Grant influenced him to choose cowboys (for the simple reason that he could get a gun), but I needed something a bit more 3-year old. So, then we're standing in front of Mickey Mouse and Curious George, with John changing his mind every 5 seconds. We were all laughing so hard at John. He liked everyone's ideas and ultimately didn't care! So, we went with George and RAN out of there after a whole hour!
This was John's first REAL birthday. I don't know what was happening last year, because I don't even remember it. I know that on his first birthday, we were staying in a hotel in Washington D.C., it was a Sunday, and I bought him a Big, Big Loader which was way too Big Big for a one year old, and I couldn't even figure out how to put it together. So, there we were. 6 of us in a hotel room with a toy that wasn't working - I burst into tears and hoped that John would never remember that he ever turned one!
John is such a sunshine in our lives. He tells jokes all the time, and occasionally they are actually funny. His favorite is "I'm not afraid of birds like you, Mr. Snoops!" I know, it's not really a joke, but he always prefaces it with "I have a joke for you, Mom!"
I love John so much, and can hardly believe that my baby is 3 years old! We are having so much fun with these kids right now! They are all self-sufficient and happy to play together! They play swords, cars, and John's newest toy - Magna Tiles, which are magnetic shapes that can be built into thousands of different things. Everyone loves them! And we love YOU Johnny!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Melissa said...

How cute is he!!! He has one of my favorite smiles in the world. It makes me so excited to soon have a little boy of our own! Happy birthday to little Johnny, one of the happiest little boys I know. :) We sure love your kids!!

Laura said...

Happy belated birthday John! We LOVE your birthday cake you had - I bet it tasted as good as it looked =). Love, the Haynies

Audrey and the Boys said...

We love Johnny too! He is one of the sweetest boys I have ever seen! We miss seeing him at least once a week!

Fay said...

What a fun Mom you are, Vanessa. Everyday is a party when you are around! Happy Birthday John, you are such a big boy. We love you!

Hyrum and Kiera said...

You have such a beautiful family, Vanessa! I just love you and your example as a mother!

Kami said...

He IS getting so grown up! What a cutie!