Sunday, April 13, 2008

Picnic at the FDR Memorial

I feel so blessed to be able to look across the river and see THIS! We were walking to the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Monument last night for a picnic, and the sun was shining so beautifully on the Jefferson. Can you believe that we live here?
As you can see in the background, the blossoms are so beautiful! Talk about popcorn on the trees. It's amazing, though, because the Cherry Blossoms around the Tidal Basin are completely gone! I'm thankful that Heavenly Father timed the blossoms to come out at different times, so that we could enjoy them for even longer!
The kids trying to get a drink at the same time! They got laughing so hard, and I had to grab a picture. The FDR Memorial is so amazing! I think it might be my favorite one! So many wonderful quotes and beautiful rock everywhere! They spare no expense when creating these memorials, and rightfully so. I"m so glad we could come down and have a picnic at such an amazing place
Hard to capture, but the sunset was absolutely incredible. The weather was just perfect too. No coats, no humidity, no wind, just the kind of weather that you don't even think about! Mindy and Jeff have now arrived in Utah and we are only 10 days behind them. It will be so fun to be together for Jesse's wedding! We can hardly wait!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Southwick Family said...

Vanessa--I love it! Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures... I used to live in that cute neighborhood, too, so it brings back a lot of memories... yes! You are lucky to live there!

Audrey and the Boys said...

Looks like the perfect evening! That is our favorite spot for a picnic too!

Jill said...

I can't wait to hear all about Jesse's wedding! Have a wonderful time and please pass along my congrats!xoxo