Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fun, fun, fun.

This picture is in the Rotunda of the US Capitol. We were posing with Grandpa Brigham Young! He is a 5th Great Grandfather to these little boys!
Andrew and I celebrated our 12th Anniversary by going to see Les Miserables at WolfTrap, an outdoor ampitheatre. The quality was incredible and we were in tears many times throughout the show. ON Saturday morning, we took Spencer and Emily on their final adventure of the trip down to Eastern Market in downtown DC. IT was raining SO SO SO hard. Hard to even describe, but we still had a great breakfast in the market and Andrew bought me these beautiful flowers! If you look closely, you can see that the orange and red ones look like brains! Each was so unique and I loved the surprise! Thanks, sweetheart!
First day of school for my little boys! Clark and John are going to a preschool together on Tuesdays and Thursday mornings. They felt like big boys taking their own lunches and adapted immediately to the enrivonment. I have BIG plans for my mornings with NO children for the next few months. Some of my ideas are: practice my violin, get the attic organized for a possible move in the future, read more of the Conference Ensigns and really STUDY my scriptures while I have quiet in the house!

Let me tell you about CLARK and soccer. He was incredible! ON Saturday mornings, he will go to the Ft. Scott Park with all the other 4-year olds in the county (it seemed that way at least) and play soccer! That boy just GOT IT! He understood to run after the ball, get in front of his opponents and kick it into the goal! I have never had so much fun watching soccer in my life!
He can hardly wait to go back next week- more on that later!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laura said...

lol tell me we weren't at Les Mis on the same day lol. We were in D.C. for one day, and that's what we did =). I wanted to call and tear over to see you and it made me sad there was not even one spare minute to our little little visit! What day did you guys go to Wolf Trap????? =)

Fowler family said...

Oh this is really funny Vanessa. We must be related somewhere down the line then. Brigham is my Great x 3 Grandpa and our boys' Great x 4 Grandpa. I should call you cousin or something now :)