Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Egg SLEEPOUT!

Okay, this is going to sound crazy, but 15+ of us slept out on the lawn next to the White House in order to get tickets to the Easter Egg Roll. We arrived on Friday night at 7pm, and were almost to the end of the line! I'll have some more pictures soon, but wanted to share all of our fun. I have made the dearest friends here in DC and loved every minute of our conversations. I learned so much from these gals and was so happy to be a part of this!
This is Raelynn, Lindsay and I in front of the White House, just about ready to get our tickets. They woke us up at 3am to hand out the Vouchers (hanging around our neck); then we went back to sleep until 6am, when they came around telling us to clean up our tents. BOY can these girls clean up! My 10 person tent came down in about 2 minutes, and I'm not exaggerating! I'll go camping with these girls anytime! After the cleanup, the line wrapped around the entire Ellipse (grassy area in front of the White House) and then around 8:30am we received our tickets. On Saturday night at the Ward Party, we were all smiling from a great night, but SO SO tired! I woke in the wee hours of Sunday morning with the flu! But, luckily it only lasted 24 hours and I'm back!
What a beautiful place! Pictures will be coming of the Easter Egg Roll. We got to the Roll and realized that our camera didn't have a Memory Card in it! AGH! But, never fear, our dear friend, Nicole, came to our rescue with a GREAT camera and captured us with the Easter Bunny RIGHT in front of the White House. Somehow, Nicole is always around when we need her, whether it's in church, or even at the White House. Thanks, Nicole!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Audrey and the Boys said...

Scott slept out to get the tickets for our family! He got in the tent line at 11pm. We were lucky to get tickets! They ran out of tickets only 15 people after him. We had a 1:45 entry time, so it was quite crowded at that point but so much fun! How fun that you did the sleeping out! It looks like you have some really fun girls in your ward!

Hyrum and Kiera said...

Vanessa,

I love reading your blog! It's so fun. I have to tell you, yours is what started my desire to blog because your entries are so fun! It looks like you are having such a fun time up in D.C.! I hope you are doing well and keep up the good work, you are such a fabulous mom!
Love,
Kiera

Wendy said...

Vanessa, you MUST count me in next time!! I may not have kids -- but am a total kid at heart. :) What a fun experience! You and Andrew are such great parents -- I love all the things you do with your cute family.

Wendy said...

Vanessa, you MUST count me in next time!! I may not have kids -- but am a total kid at heart. :) What a fun experience! You and Andrew are such great parents -- I love all the things you do with your cute family.

Amy said...

That really was a fun campout, wasn't it? I was truly expecting a fair amount of misery, but instead I got some great bonding time in with some great friends! Glad to see you found some pictures with you in them. :)

Amy V.