Sunday, March 30, 2008

Half Marathon and BOOT Camp

 


Andrew did it! I was so pleased (we shouldn't be "proud") with his accomplishment! He said that after about mile 8, his knees started to hurt, but he finished in under 2 hours and has a much greater appreciation and respect for runners! We both want to do another race to beat our time!

I watched 2 extra kids so our friends, Audrey and Scott, could run the race. So, I showed up downtown after weaving in and out of closed roads, JUST in time for Andrew to cross the finish line! All the 6 little faces were excited to see him, and then Audrey just 15 minutes later!

 


Fort Faith Boot Camp! BOOT stands for Build Our Own Testimonies. Isn't that clever? The kids had a GREAT time, and Clark was ecstatic to wear his camouflage!

 


 


Here's another one of Faith's famous "original" outfits. She is so cute that it really doesn't matter, but I have to laugh because someday she will say "Mom, why did you let me dress that way?" My answer...the same answer as many mothers say...I had to pick my battles - this one was not worth it! She's so fun!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Outnumbered said...

I absolutely love the way she dresses. I'm going through the same thing with Ashton and its so funny to see what they think "looks cool"

Mindy said...

I had no idea that Andrew was training for a half-marathon! Way to go! I also love Faith's outfits. Maybe I should take her shopping to pick out some stuff for Jane! Can you believe we'll be together in just 3 weeks? Can't WAIT!

Team Hanni said...

YEAH ANDREW!!!!!! It makes me so excited to hear of friends running/training for a marathon. I hope he loved it and has caught the bug.

Faith - she is adorable..... I love the outfits and love that you just let it go. You are such a great Mommy.

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Congrats on the half marathon!! That's great.