Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We are on Spring Break this week, so we celebrated St. Patty's Day at the National Aquarium in Baltimore! We had a great time with our friends, the Maxwells and Jami and Ellen! We're sitting here waiting for the dolphin show to start. Notice the green! (psst...Clark has green on his underwear and John had some green star stickers on his shirt!)
We sat in the splash zone, which is exactly what I made my parents do when I was a kid. Fortunately, Grant was the only one who got soaked when he volunteered to "help" down by the tank. I loved seeing Clark's big wide open mouth in amazement when the dolphins would do a trick!
This is the Children's Discovery Center where the kids were touching shells and learning about Welks. No matter how high you push up a child's sleeves, they will still get wet! I love the age of the kids right now. We had no stroller, just ran around all day long, exhausting our cute single friends, but having a great time!
These Bubble tubes were so fun for the kids, and I loved the color they produced! Wouldn't that be theraputic to have in your front room?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jess said...

Super super cute guys!

Audrey and the Boys said...

Looks fun! We were going to stop in at the Aquarium today after picking up my parents at the airport, but everyone was too tired after a red-eye flight. Not to mention that we didn't have Owen with us! Thanks for offering to help out this morning!

Joanna said...

Wow! I totally remember sitting in the "splash zone" and LOVING getting soaked! I don't think other families liked it the way we did...I tried to get the Hawkins to do it one time at Sea World and none of them thought salt water on their jeans for the rest of the day was very fun. Hmm...go figure!

Amy said...

That looks like it was a fun day! I didn't know about the aquarium in Baltimore. Thanks for blogging about it.

Amy V.

cat+tadd=sam said...

I don't know if I've already commented on your blog, either way, I just had to! Your kids are so cute, and you are SUCH a cute mom! You do fun, exciting things with them that I wish I could do! It's nice to how you are all doing from clear across the country!