Friday, February 29, 2008

Clark's Gymnastics class

Every Friday morning at 10:30am, Clark attends this gym class, which is LOVES! He can hardly get his shoes and socks off fast enough to run through the door. Here's they're practicing on the "skinny" balance beam!
Here's Clark's "bear crawl". He just really loves all of this, and I can see his "wheels turning" as he tries to improve his technique each time around the circuit.
Clark is on the trampoline at the left of the picture. They have this circuit which includes jumping on the tramp, swinging on the bars, "shimmying" down the parallel bars, jumping over the pommel horse, and back around to the start. He smiles through the whole class, and occasionally waves up to us upstairs with a big grin. The pictures are out of focus because they won't let me use my flash, but you get the idea.
Here's my buddy, Johnny, who hangs out with me upstairs during Gymnastics. Yes, he is wearing Hello Kitty bandages. He hurt his finger on a treadmill at the Wixoms last weekend, and it was a bad one. I thought the lighting on this picture was really fun - no flash, just natural light.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

No flash indoors - kind of a pain. Check to see if you can adjust your ISO setting (it's probably normally at 200 - lots of cameras let you bump it up to 400, 800, or even 1600). This will help your camera see with less light (the side effect is that the pictures will be more grainy, so you have to weigh the pros and cons -blurry or grainy- depending on your cam).

Looks like a course my Jessica would LOVE.

Call me Mimi said...

CLARK, YOU ARE SOOOOOOO BRAVE TO DO YOUR GYNMASTICS. Can I come to class with you sometime and try that? I love you Clarkey and miss you so much. Love, Mimi

Call me Mimi said...

Faith: who did your hair? Was it really Dr. Suess? Love that girl! Mimi