Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dress-up Time

This is our Solid Gold dancer, Grant! He LOVES this little gold lamay that we got from Uncle Steve's store when we lived in Logan. It's stretchy, slinky, and can transform Grant into a robot or any other imaginative thing he comes up with. He is so funny! I'm sure glad we have those cowboy boots from my fiddling days in the dressups - at least they're being used, right?
Clark's creative juices don't flow too fast when it comes time for dress-ups. He always picks this darling monkey suit that he got from his friend, Owen's birthday party. The cutest part about it is the curled up tail in the back and the yellow banana hanging out of his pocket! Thanks, Audrey, for the costume! Halloween is taken care of.
This picture makes me laugh! I love the knee socks with the ballerina suit. When she initially came up from the basement, she had this outfit on backwards, and she was concerned because it was "NOT MODEST"! But, once we got her turned around, she was a happy gal. Mom, you can see from the torn sequins that this costume has been well-loved! Thanks.
Ok, funniest picture of the day! This is NOT a costume. This is ACTUALLY and truly what FAith wore to school this morning! First, she had on the two shirts on top, and I thought it wouldn't be too bad. Then, when she said "Mom, I haven't worn this green skirt in a long time!" I just let it go. After breakfast, I sent her up to find some knee socks or tights to keep her legs warm. It's hard to see, but her tights are black with BRIGHT rainbow stripes! I just had to tuck my head and giggle when I saw this completed.
And then, to add to the authenticity of the outfit, she came up to show me that she had chosen her cherry rainboots "because they're colorful and I'm wearing a colorful outfit!" She certainly was! Andrew said under his breath "It can't get any worse. Just let her wear them and take a picture of it!" So, as we speak, my daughter is wearing this outfit at school. I can only guess what Mr. Tagnesi thinks! Faith is a free spirit and I love her for it!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love her colorful outfit! Look out fashion world.

Joanna said...

Oh, I just love that Faith for picking out this outfit! And I love YOU for letting her wear it to school! You're such a good example of just "going with the flow" of your kids and not controlling their every move! I'm trying to become a little more like that!

Erica said...

This is something I would wear. I love it! Nothing wrong with a little bit of color! She is DARLING!!

jaci said...

I agree with Mindy! You are so fun...and your kids are so fun (and funny) because you are a great model of loving life!