Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Friends respond with MORE answers to prayer

Our dear friends, the Ahrens family, sent us this e-mail in response to Andrew's write-up about the answers to prayers on Saturday:

"Last night at dinner, Jen shared with the family a story that she had read on Vanessa’s blog about how the Croshaws showed faith by praying to find a parking spot on a busy traffic day in Washington, D.C.

Late this afternoon at work, I found out that a very important document, which my client had been ordered by the Court to produce to other parties today, was missing. Eventually several individuals, including a file clerk, a paralegal another associate and myself, were all looking for the document, but we could not find it. As you can imagine, I became very worried and stressed for a moment, and did not know how I was going to get out of what seemed to be a very big problem. In the midst of these bad feelings, the story of how you had prayed to find a parking spot came forcibly into my mind. The thought came that if Heavenly Father can help us find parking spots, he can also help us find important legal documents, if we ask with the same child-like faith. Thereafter, the document was located from an unusual source outside my office in time to send it out today. I feel this was an answer to a prayer"

Does anyone else have an experience to share? Do tell! They are all faith-promoting and wonderful to hear about!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Vaness, great stories about prayers! It's so nice to hear about the "gospel" happening in peoples everyday lives like that. A while ago, Jack couldn't find his superman cape anywhere. I tend to look a bit, then decide it will show up when it's good and ready, then distract Jack with something else. He decided he needed to pray about it, so he did. He came out of his room and announced that he had just said a prayer, and now we were going to find it. Sure enough, within a matter of minutes, we had found his cape. I completely can relate to Andrew's being nervous about "what if we don't find it?", but just like him, I was reminded that we need to trust the Lord, as the children do. It was a good lesson to Jeff and I that the Lord cares even about the little things. The best part is that when we were discussing testimonies during FHE the other week, Jack remembered this experience and shared it as part of his testimony on prayer. It was amazing to hear him make these connections and share his own personal experience that strengthened his sweet testimony. I love you.

Team Hanni said...

Vanessa,

I have thought a lot about Andrew's experience as well as the other awesome prayer experience you posted. I have to admit, I have prayed what feels like a million times the last month or so that the prayers of my children will be heard and I can finally feel better. (Just like Andrew, I worry about the faith of my children. Will they remain faithful even though we are still praying for this?) It has been a real uphill battle for me and even though I'm not miraculously better, I have been blessed with good moments or angels who have come to my rescue (meals or phone calls to lift us up).

Sometimes our prayers are answered almost instantly, and sometimes we have to have faith for a LONG time before the miracle happens. I wish I was better at he faith part....

Anyway, I hope that all made some kind of sense. Your posts have lifted me up, given me hope to keep going each day. THANK YOU!

Adri said...

Does your Ahrens friend happen to be Ron? Just wondering...we were in the same ward at BYU...

Love the stories! Thanks for sharing.

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Thank you for getting in contact with us. Vince was excited to hear your comments (this is his wife)! Since I mainly do the updating I thought I'd just let you know. You have beautiful family. Hope to keep in contact.
Thanks
The Vince, Susan and Austin

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

We are glad you got in contact with us. Vince was glad to hear your comments (this is his wife). Since I usually do the updating and he mainly just reads it...I just wanted to let you know thank you for your message. You have a beautiful family ( I love the name faith)! Hope to keep in touch.
Vince, Susan and Austin

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Thank you for your message. Vince was glad to read your comments and see your blog. (this is his wife) He mainly just reads the blog...I usually do any writing:) Just wanted to say we think you have a beautiful family ( I love the name Faith). We hope to keep in touch.
Vince,Susan and Austin

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Thank you for your message. Vince was glad to read your comments and see your blog. (this is his wife) He mainly just reads the blog...I usually do any writing:) Just wanted to say we think you have a beautiful family ( I love the name Faith). We hope to keep in touch.
Vince,Susan and Austin