Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a week!

This has been a "normal" week in so many ways. After reading Adri's blog about her dear friend who's 2-year old son is in his last weeks of life due to cancer, I am so grateful for a day when I can just fold my 10 loads of laundry, vacuum, read a book with the boys, play at the park, make dinner (not so much) and hug each child before I tuck them into bed.

On Wednesday, the weather was incredible! The boys (Clark & John) ended up at a park after we took the "big" kids to school. We played for an hour and a half, and as soon as we walked in the door, our friends called and asked if we wanted to go to the park. Of course! So, we spent the next hour and a half at another park, and returned home just in time for lunch and naps! The perfect morning, if you ask me!

That afternoon, it was still so warm, so we spent time jumping on the trampoline and swinging on our own little swingset! Ooh, how I love warm weather. But, I know...if it never got cold, we wouldn't appreciate warm. I appreciate warm, and I hope I never forget that!

On Thursday, I was having a particularly "normal" day and needed to physically step out of the house at least one time. So, with Andrew and Grant on their way to karate, I packed up the other 3 kids and took them to Enrichment where it was a CHOCOLATE recipe night. Faith was in heaven when she learned that it was ALL girls in the room (except her cute little brothers).

The kids were great, and I got the social fill that I needed, as well as an OVERFILL from chocolate.

Friday night, we prepared for Clark's birthday party, and were up until 1:30am baking the cupcakes, frosting the cupcakes, making muffins for the baby shower the next day, cleaning, decorating, etc.

Saturday was the busiest one I remember in a long time. The boys were up at 5:15, so I let Andrew sleep in. I left Andrew with the kids at 7:30am and didn't return until 1pm. I had the Churchwide Leadership training, then Kate's baby shower (who's adopting a darling boy from Taiwan on Valentine's Day), then off to the Balloon shop, stop at Target for some Pump Needles and home.

When I walked in the door, the kids said "Daddy's resting" and he was! Motherhood is a tough job, right bunch? We finished up the party plans, held Clark's party (see below), and then were off to a Ward Party at 7pm.

We had intended to watch a movie called "Amazing Grace" last night, but by the time we got the kids in bed at 9:30pm, I fell asleep while waiting for Andrew to send an e-mail. I was done!!!

I feel much better today (Sunday) because I actually got to sleep in (7am) before the steamrollers (aka John & Clark) joined me in bed!

No comments: