Sunday, February 17, 2008

I feel loved!

My sweetheart brought home these beautiful yellow roses (on Valentine's Day - not 3 days later, like this post might suggest). He said when he walked in the door "You haven't had yellow in awhile!" I had to agree, and kiss him! Today (Sunday) we are all sick with colds. Some of us have sore throats, others have coughs and pains in funny places. I am so happy that my hard-working, never resting husband is sleeping just 5 feet from my computer. I adore him and all that he does for our family!
This was my first attempt at truffles. Any suggestions, my cooking friends? I couldn't get the chocolate thin enough that it wouldn't pool at the bottom as they cooled. It was fun to make and they are very rich! I found the recipe on allrecipes.com called "Easy Decadent Truffles" - that's my kind of treat! The funny thing was that I made them as a special something for my Andrew, but with karate RIGHT after dinner, Andrew never even tried one on Valentine's Day! I think I still got points for spending the time to make them!

Clark says the funniest thing! When he hasn't seen a toy for awhile, or jumped on the trampoline in more than a week, he always says this and it makes me laugh everytime.
On Thursday, he got on his bike and said it again "Mom, we haven't seen this bike in YEARS!!"
I guess that's how the timeline works with kids. If it's been weeks, it might as well be years! I LOVE being a mom!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Great picture of those beautiful roses! And of COURSE you get credit for the truffles. I'm glad they worked out well for you. I'm hoping to make them this week, so I'll see if I can figure out a problem to the "pooling" situation. Love you! I haven't seen you in YEARS!