Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Johnny wearing Grandpa's glasses. Speaking of glasses...this is the first Christmas in 24 years that I have not reached for my glasses before jumping out of bed. I am so so grateful (I'm tearing up just writing about it) for my LASIK surgery and the freedom it has given me to function easier. As John was lying in our bed the other morning (we think he has croup), Andrew and I could exchange glances on my way downstairs to sleep on the couch. I am so grateful for that.
Grant received a Lego Star Wars game from Santa, and immediately went to work! If you look closely, you can see a glove on the hand under Grant's chin. He gets SO excited that he can't keep his pinky finger out of his mouth - this is our gentle reminder for him. Clark is such a good sport to just watch and watch and watch him play his games.
Mimi and Papa gave the children a FISH TANK! Andrew and the kids set it up yesterday and Faith said out loud "This is so exciting!" (that means a lot, guys!) Thank you so much for this wonderful gift that will keep on giving! We'll go next week and choose some fish, which might make it even more exciting! (wink) Great gift, Mimi & Papa!
This is the Christmas aftermath. Messy front room, despite our best efforts to clean up as we opened. You can't see in this picture, but our tree is so funny this year. The decorations are beautiful, the shape is perfect, but the day after we set it all up, the top half of the lights went out! After replacing at least two fuses, having success for only a fleeting moment and then back to broken, we didn't know what else to do! Maybe next year we can get those cool new LED lights! Watch out, George Jetson.

I just want everyone to know how much we love and appreciate you. I am so grateful that, despite all the miles, we can feel close to our loved ones by e-mail, phone calls, pictures and blogs. Thank you for all the gifts - most of all for just thinking of us.

I am SO grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who came to this earth, lived among sinners, and died so that I can return and live with Him and Heavenly Father again. I am grateful to his blessed mother, Mary, who took on such a large responsibility of raising the Son of God. Words cannot express my gratitude for my chance to be a mother as well.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your front room. It looks so welcoming and inviting (it's not hard for me to see through the Christmas aftermath and imagine it in it's intended state).

Congrats on a glasses free Christmas!!!

Fay said...

Vanessa, thanks for sharing all your Christmas joy thru pics and captions. It sounds like a great one. We love you guys and think of you often!