Friday, December 14, 2007

Petting Zoo, eat your heart out!

Yes, I am touching a monkey! He was attached to the above cable, and came over to say hello. We tried giving him a banana, but he wasn't interested. All he wanted to do was HOLD our hands! He probably sat there for 5 minutes, trading off between us all, and never once took a banana! We fell in love with him!
Here's Mr. Elephant eating my bananas! I was IN the stands, and he just reached up and grabbed them!
This is a Crocodile Wrestler! They did a whole show, where they put their head in the crocs mouth, teased the crocodile, pulled him by the tail and then eventually lifted him up like this. It was almost NOT entertaining, because I was worried that it would turn into a VERY sad ending, having someone not survive - I'm serious! It was scary!
This is at the Umbrella factory. This really is the factory - women sitting on pillows and using their hands to sand, cut, weave, glue and paint on these umbrellas. And each one of these women was SO friendly, patient and kind. Oh, I fell in love with the Thai people.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Erica said...

I am so so jealous. I have ALWAYS wanted to ride on an elephant!