Friday, December 14, 2007

WELCOME Christmas Card Friends!

On our Christmas Card this year, we wrote our blog address, so that we could try to keep in touch better with our otherwise Christmas Card friends.

Unfortunately, many of you have probably already come to the site, and left disappointed because I hadn't posted in weeks! For that, I apologize.

Now, if you'll just check ONE more time, you'll see that I'm back on track with the blog! How do I balance everything in my life? I am really struggling with that! After making 22 loaves of bread this week as Christmas gifts, my house is really suffering, not to mention time to just enjoy the Christmas season! It's going to be gone before we know it!

Please give me any tips on simplifying life in general. I feel like I always have 10 errands that need to be run, a load of dishes in the sink, one in the dishwasher, shoes EVERYWHERE (anyone?) coats, backpacks, little tiny legos, balls, potatoes on the step and so much more!

We'll figure it out, but I am ALWAYS open to suggestions. AFter being in Thailand where my dear sister has a Super housekeeper come twice a week who cleans, irons, washes, scrubs everything, I am wishing I had the same! Sometimes I feel like I AM the housekeeper, with an occasional moment to be a mom (anyone?)

I have SO many dear Christmas Card friends who do it wonderfully, and I am just grateful that I know them and can learn from them. Thank you Marilyn, Kristen, Jennica, Christine (expecting her 7th child), Brooke and so many more!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Vanessa - YOU are one of my biggest heroes! I'm SO glad that you have shoes all over and potatoes on your stairs. How in this world would someone like me make it if you with your four little ones didn't have some clutter or chaos? When you find the answer please post it in BOLD print. I've tried getting rid of toys or boxing them up on high shelves. I don't even require my kids to hang up their jackets, just toss them in a basket at the bottom on the closet - it doesn't work. I still feel like the broken record (put your homework in your folder, PLEEEEAASE pick up your socks, the shoes need to go in the shoe spot, WHY are their bowls and cups all over the table I just cleared it, ETC). Today I found that Jessica consumed over a dozen vitamin C drops. She ate them like candy. I better not have a cold for weeks.

You even outdid me with the bread thing. I thought baking 20 loaves last Saturday should have won me a prize.

Best of luck during this exciting season!!!

Reluctant Nomad said...

me me me! I'm with you. Suggestions? Hmmm...sometimes I set time limits on activities that I am dreading and then stop when the time limit is up. But that, of course, takes a bit of will-power which I have very little of. So, my suggestion is just to enjoy it. No use doing anything else!