Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Could You be a Stewardess in the 1950's?


On Monday, the kids had a Teacher Prep Day, so we went to the Air & Space Museum downtown! This exhibit is new and made me think of my cute mom the whole time! Mom was a flight attendant in the early 70's and I think that many of the same rules applied. You had to be a certain height, weight, single, white, and have a nursing degree or 2-years of college. My, how times have changed!
Read these requirements. Aren't they funny? I love that the stewardesses had to be so clean and poised.
At the bottom, the biggest requirement is SMILE! Clark's doing his silly face - guess he wouldn't qualify!
The kids loved this model holding all the food. They've been on enough airplanes to know all about how fun it is to have everything brought to you on a tray!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: