Sunday, January 27, 2008

This is an Army game that my boys invented. They set up army men on each side of the train table, using train pieces as their walls, and then shoot each other's guys with rubber bands! Every 3rd turn, they can use a BOMB, which is a wooden ball that can be rolled across to attack the opponents! They could play this game all night - Daddy turns into a 7-year old too, out to get the "bad guys".

I love this set of "army men" because they are actually from the Revoluationary War. We bought them at Mt. Vernon (or was it Williamsburg), but it comes complete with George Washington riding on his white horse! I love living where all the action really took place!
Tonight, we are going to attend a Baptism Preview for our Grant. It is almost unbelieveable that our sweet Grant will be baptized this year (in June)! We bought him this suit to wear for his baptism, and he insisted on wearing it to church today. I love that the small part of his tie is hanging below his jacket. He's such a darling boy, and I feel privileged to be his mother. I also know that despite the fact that he's reading "Ghosthunters" books on the Sabbath (after I asked him 3 times to choose something else), he will choose to be baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

Did anyone watch the Miss America Pageant last night? As a young girl, I just LOVED the pageant and it seems like we did everything we could to watch it every year! I hadn't seen it for about 5 years, and was excited to hear that it would be on. That Miss Utah, Jill Stevens, was darling, wasn't she? And to be America's Choice was great! Andrew, after teasing me for 3 days about watching it, sat down with me and we were both in tears as they showed the soldiers in the audience supporting their fellow "GI Jill". Good for her!

One more thing...Andrew and I watched a great movie last night. It's called "The Ultimate Gift". If you want a great motivation to appreciate what you have and be a better person, grab the box of tissues and watch this one! It's a darling love story as well. Andrew liked it as well as I did.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey I love all the pictures and cute stories about your darling, and intelligent might I add, kids!

Jill Stevens is actually a friend of mine. We went to Junior High together. So, although I didn't get to watch the entire show, I did see the last hour. She was great and such a good representative of Utah!

Mindy said...

Jeff teases me for liking the pageants too, but it really is fun! And dang, we saw a wowser of a question and answer session once, that's kept Jeff a little more interested in more than just the swimsuit competition (just kidding). I LOVE the game your boys invented! How creative. Can they bring their stuff to teach Jack?

Crystal said...

Hi Vanessa!

SO fun to hear from you on my blog. And believe me, I am definitely keeping up with your sweet family. I check your blog at least 3 times a week just in case there is something new! I am sorry I don't leave commetns very often. I will try and be better about that. I cannot believe Grant will be baptized this year!!!
You still amaze me with your amazing motherly energy. Your kids are so beautiful. So fun to read the stages of Faith. Sophie is right there with her.

Love,

Crystal

Jennifer said...

A friend in my ward recommended the movie "The Ultimate Gift" recently. I had forgotten about it and haven't seen it yet. Thanks for the reminder. I'll need to add it to the movie list.

Erica said...

You will have to let us know when his baptism is, we would love to be there!

M said...

I watched Miss America! I loved that Miss Utah was voted in. I tried to cheer for Miss Virginia but that was a little more difficult.
I love the photos on the sidebar. You have the most beautiful children. I remember making up games with my siblings, too. Such fun times.