Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Faith had her sweet friend, Maddie, come over on Saturday for a playdate. This was the first playdate that Faith truly loved! She's struggled a little bit with being social, and bending to what her friends want to play, but these two just giggled for an hour over Maddie's toy parrot, and then jumped on the trampoline for almost 2 hours!
Grant and Clark are ROUGH on the trampoline, but somehow Clark seems to come out all smiles! They play a game called "Take That" where they bounce off the walls of the tramp while doing kicks, flips and twists like Ninjas. They never tire of that game.
Here are the boys after I peeled them off of each other - they love each other so much!
Maddie took out her ponytail so that her hair would be crazy like Faith's! Can you believe this static? Her hair was standing STRAIGHT up! The girls would accidentally shock each other and then fall down laughing!

Saturday night, we got together with our friends, Audrey & Scott and Cameron & Chelsea. We ate pizza and then had some great conversation about politics, motherhood, shopping habits and more. Cameron's Grandmother has a saying about the levels of conversations: PEOPLE....EVENTS...IDEAS!

I feel like we really got to IDEAS that night and I've been thinking about it ever since - we are so grateful for wonderful friends. I want to get to IDEAS more often in everyday conversations. Think about our Founding Fathers...if they hadn't gotten to IDEAS, where would we be now?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Vaness, I couldn't stop laughing picturing your kids yelling out in church! I'm sure it made everyone's day! SO fun that Faith could really enjoy her play date! I love that your boys get along so well. Isn't it so rewarding to see your children LOVE each other? I can think of few things I enjoy more!

Kami said...

Speaking of ideas. You asked how to keep control of the toys, and I've thought about it a lot. we have a TON of toys, its crazy. We have two levels of "pick-ups." Daily, or several times a day, I have the kids pick up any toy that is on the ground and put them in several different storage bins or storage furniture that we have all around the house. If they can just dump the toys easily and quickly its more fun and faster for them and they don't complain as much. I also make them do the pick-ups when they are transitioning to a new activity and tell them "sure you can do that...just pick up first." The more storage options we have around the easier it is. We have everthing from the normal plastic bins, to bins that work with the decor, to an ottoman that is a pseudo-toybox. This way we get it picked up daily, quickly. Every other week we do a "major" pick-up, where we organize the toys into their respective places in the toy room. We (or I, on the sly) also keep a box of toys that will go to D.I. before each new "haul" (i.e. birthdays and Christmas) Also, at the beginning of the year I listed all the chores I felt needed to be done on a monthly, bi-weekly, weekly, and daily basis for the entire house. Seeing things listed helped me to organize my days and weeks better. Although my house is not always perfectly clean, I've noticed that its been a little better. Thanks for the Primary document again this year. It's awesome.