Monday, January 21, 2008

If any of you are wondering for the perfect gift for your child...give them two pink spatulas! They are much more fun than any sword, light saber or dart gun! They like the Williams-Sonoma brand, and choose these specific ones everytime. I laughed the other day, as we arrived at Target, because John yelled out loud enough for other people in the parking lot to hear "WHERE IS MY SPATULA???" So, parents, they were $1.99 each and worth every penny. They go through the dishwasher everyday, just in case I need to actually use them!
Clark learned how to put his own socks on, and he is very pleased with himself! It also makes mornings run a little smoother, because now I just worry about John's socks and shoes. He's focusing pretty hard to get the heel part in the right place!
Andrew has been building this Model Airplane for months now. He is making it to be an exact replica of the B-26 flown by his uncle Monty, who went MIA right at the end of the Korean War. I am proud of him for sticking with it, and the plane will be a treasure for all of his family members to enjoy. He's putting on the first decal in this picture, which means he is getting close to finishing!
On Saturday night, I made Falafel! If you haven't tried them, you really should! Andrew certainly didn't marry me for my amazing cooking skills, but it was fun! Our kids are so flexible about trying new things, and they all loved it! The cucumber dill sauce made them really tasty, and Andrew and I both had leftovers on Sunday after church, and they still tasted good.

In this picture, we are eating...(drumroll please) Mango with Sticky Rice! I ate this with Mindy and Jeff in Thailand and it was fantastic over there - here in the states, it was pretty good. The rice wasn't the sticky variety, but the taste was practically the same! We'll try again and let you know if we find the perfect recipe!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow! Vaness, good job! That's encouraging that we might actually be able to get good mangoes in the states! Those that you are eating look delicious! You are awesome!

Cianne said...

Isn't Falafel great! I love it, and it is healthy too. I am very jealous about the Mangos and Sticky rice because that is my favorite dessert!

Taryn said...

yum...sounds exotic!

you've tried the mango sticky rice at "top thai" on 23rd street right? heavenly.

jaci said...

Ness, I love mangos and sticky rice! My aunt Surang from Thailand used to make it for us a family gatherings. YUM! Maybe I'll ask her what the special touch is!