Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all our friends and family! These hats and horns came from our friends, Jon & Melissa. They are SO loud, I remembered why we don't have them in our house all the time!! Thanks SO VERY MUCH for these (wink)! Faith came in after blowing nonstop for about 5 minutes, and said "Mom, I want to take this to school!" I couldn't help but laugh, I'm sure Mr. T would love it too!
We told the kids they could stay up until midnight on New Years Eve, and Clark talked about it all day long. "is it midnight, Mom?" I could have said "YES" and he would have been great with it! So, we started the night with a game of Zingo, and then started a movie "Ralph S. Mouse" from Redbox. Let me say to anyone considering this movie - Don't do it! The budget was about $20 for the whole movie! Our friend, Jami, got so bored that she left after about 20 minutes. So, did we make it to midnight??? Clark fell asleep around 10pm, Faith and I were shortly after, and only Grant and Andrew lasted until midnight, but fell asleep right before the motorcycle stunt driver actually did his jump!

So, to tell the truth, I just took this picture of the kids in their horns today (January 4) - we forgot to pull them out on New Years Eve - sorry, Jon and Melissa!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the truth. I was thinking how adorable they looked in their hats. I love that this was a post-production photo shoot.

I rented them some extra Wii games for fun. I made carmel almond chocolate dipped apples for me. Jon tried a churros recipe for the kids that was basically a bust. Jon wasn't feeling well, so he went to bed early. I stayed up with the kids 'til they each dozed off. James made it until about 11 p.m.

New Years isn't the same with a house full of kids. Funner when it was Jon & I out dancing (I think that only happened once).