Tuesday, January 15, 2008

No Kiss in Church!

In Sacrament Meeting, we always sit on the 2nd or 3rd row, so that we can really get involved in the meeting and internalize the thoughts that are shared. This also means that our EVERY MOVE is seen by those behind us (for that, we apologize).

On Sunday, John and Faith were sitting next to each other, which means a bit of teasing. I was trying to distract John by saying "Just give Faith kisses, don't push each other". So, he leaned over to kiss her, but was DENIED! Faith is funny...lately, she doesn't like kisses from her brothers - I had forgotten that small detail.

So, after about 10 seconds of trying, he says in full voice (as the congregation prepares for the opening hymn) "Mom, Faith won't kiss me! Mommy, Faith won't let me give her a kiss!" to which I heard MANY snickers from behind us! My friend, Nicole, told me that these moments are what motherhood are all about - so I'm writing it down!

Last Sunday, the organ began to play the closing hymn, and the volume was abnormally loud. My sensitive-eared John puts his hands over his ears and YELLS "Mom, that's TOO loud! Mom,, that's too loud!" (Notice I always write what he says only twice, sparing you the other 8 times he repeats it). Clark follows suit and says, while covering his ears and standing up "Mom it's too loud!" I just had to laugh, and so did everyone else!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes, you should always write these stories down. Even if they aren't funny to you yet, they are a hoot to hear.

Taryn said...

too funny!

your family sitting at the front of the chapel livens things up for the rest of us.

Katy said...

I have a really hard time keeping the guys from kissing me in church!