Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Clark!

Each child gets to choose their favorite Breakfast Cereal for their birthday, and my sweet Clark chose my homemade Granola! Not Cap'n Crunch (that's what the kids chose for me last week!), not Trix, not Fruity Pebbles...Granola. I was quite pleased with that decision. It may have been that he didn't even know he had all those other, cavity-provoking options, but that's fine with me.
This is Clark opening his Pirate Ship from Mimi & Papa. It was a hit with all the kids, especially the cannons that really shoot out of the little doors on the side of the ship. Very cool, guys. Thanks!

Clark is just so delightful about 98% of everyday! He rode on his new Plasma Car for only 5 seconds, when he was interrupted by "Can I try it?" (Grant) "Can I try it?" (Faith) "Can I try it?" (John). What did my sweet Clark do? He said "Sure" and jumped off, giving it to his brother. I was so pleased with him. He loved having it be his birthday, but was never possessive or grouchy about sharing his toys. He smiled almost the whole day long and made me laugh so hard when he was riding his car (after the kids went to school) pulling Johnny behind! Those two are such great buddies!
Grant, Faith and John gave Clark this Motorized racetrack (that Mommy found months ago for 75% off at Target). It goes REALLY fast, and often the car will fly out of control off the track because of it's amazing speed. Clark is particularly interested in SPEED these days. He always asks me "Can you see me run, Mom?" as he bolts around the "track" in our house. And he's only satisfied when I say "Wow! I could hardly even see you - you are SO fast!" So, this car track that goes "so fast you can hardly see it" was a hit. YOu can tell by Grant's hand positions that he LOVED it too.
Ok, here's the Birthday Cake situation. Clark wanted a green cake to look like a soccer field, with a boy playing soccer on it. I was just about ready to start that, when he decided he wanted ice cream sundaes instead (phew...4 hours less work for Mom). So, we built ice cream sundaes, complete with sprinkles, chocolate, cherries, caramel and bananas - he was a happy camper.
The outfit he's wearing is a dressup I found after Halloween. It is ADORABLE on him because it has the patches on the arms and chest, and a little belt to fit him nice and snug, like the army guys wear theirs.

We have a Soccer Party coming up on Saturday for 6 of his little buddies, and we'll make cupcakes then - I'm thinking to stick them all together and decorate them like they're a field. Any ideas for a "guy" on top?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joanna said...

V, I love reading your blog. So fun! I'm so glad you had a fun time for Clark's birthday and at the museum. What a great little kid that Clarky is! I miss him a lot, along with the rest of you! Let's do a museum trip when you guys come in April, k?

Adri said...

Happy Birthday, Clark! I can't believe you are FOUR! I so remember when you were born! Crazy! What's a "plasma car?" We want to see photos!

Call me Mimi said...

Gotta love that little Clark being so sharing and kind! I'm excited about Andrew learning karate with Grant. That's also a good way to help Grant feel like a big kid - to teach his dad something is hard. Andrew knows everything! Love, Mimi