Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This picture is really telling a story. We had just finished dinner, cleared the table, and loaded the dishes, and Andrew and I peeked in the dining room to see Grant and Faith trying to keep the boys away from the cake! John went as far as to come in the kitchen and get his own fork, ready to just dig right in, without a guilty thought about it! So, right as I clicked this, Faith (hand on Clark's at the bottom) and Grant are fighting off the boys to preserve the cake!
This might give you a feel for the SIZE of this cake! It was beautiful and I was so proud of Andrew for doing it! Thanks, bunch!
Today (Wednesday), the boys and I went with some of my ward friends to the Building Museum downtown. This was also our first ride on the Metro since moving here. You can't see much behind us in the picture, but with all the mommies together, we had 6 strollers and were quite a sight in that metro!
I think the boys could have played at this place all day! They had blocks of every sort - hard ones, soft ones, beanbags, books, pillows, legos, everything! We definitely need to go back there! And isn't it wonderful...it was free!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Snow Family said...

Happy Bday Vanessa! Looks like you were spoiled! That cake looks amazing.... does Andrew ship cakes?? :)

Jill said...

I'm drooling over that cake! I am very impressed by Andrew's cake making! And one more thing, Vanessa....do you ever take a bad picture!?!?