Sunday, October 21, 2007

Johnny and Dad - John has a habit of sneaking out of his bed after the other kids are settled down. We try to do the "Super Nanny" method, which is just walk him back in again and again, without getting upset, but being firm and serious. Well, I hope it will make a difference someday soon. John is just so adorable, that Andrew and I just really enjoy our time with him, even though he's technically breaking the rules!
On Friday night, Andrew and I took Grant and Faith with us to see our first Major League Soccer Game! The DC United! Although the team lost, we had a great time, and Faith loved the EXTRA special treat...Cotton Candy!
I didn't realize that my kids had never tasted Cotton Candy. Grant doesn't really even like treats, so he tasted it and said "No thanks". FAith's first reaction was "It tastes like a napkin!" Later, she said "It tastes like a cloud!" I could feel my teeth rotting as I ate it!
After-game activity - The kids both fell asleep on the way home - it had been a BIG day! After 2 soccer games, a Primary Program Practice, pizza party and the soccer game, they were pooped!

Our Primary Program was so cute today! I am the Primary Chorister and absolutely ADORE my calling and the children! Clark said the very first speaking part and wasn't nervous at all as he said it word for word! He quoted "If ye have faith, ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true". The funny thing was as soon as Clark stepped down, John was right up there on the stand and said "I wanna do it!!!" and he was determined!

The day before after the practice, I let him say Clark's part into the microphone, so he obviously thought it was HIS turn! It gave everyone a big laugh, especially when he refused to return and sit with Daddy. He sat on the Bishopric's laps for awhile, and almost fell off the podium as he leaned over forward, but eventually was bribed back down. The Program went on without interruption!

I was so pleased with my sweet little Faith. For about the last year, she has been SO shy in Primary - not even smiling at her teachers or Primary Presidency. When asked to give talks, she'd practice it at home, and then FREEZE when it was time to present. She literally had not opened her mouth to speak in Primary, so as you can imagine, I was nervous about how she'd handle the Primary Program. MY FAITH SAID HER PART! And then came over to me to get a big hug! It brought tears to my eyes to know that she had moved past this "nervous phase" and back to her sweet, bubbly self. Way to go, Faith!

Grant sang his little heart out! By far, the "strongest" (loudest) singer in the Primary, but what can I say about VIGOR and EXCITEMENT for the gospel? He did GREAT! This is the same Grant who wouldn't even sing a WORD of Primary songs because he said "I already know them, Mom" and refused to even go UP on the stage for the Primary Program that year. I am so happy with my boy. He is such a great kid!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Joanna said...

I LOVE those pictures! I'm still giggling about the "napkin" comment from Faith! She's so adorable! And I'm so proud of her for saying her part so well. Clarky and John are super cute, of course, and I'm happy that Grant did such a great job of singing his testimony! I love and miss you guys so much!

Reluctant Nomad said...

Vanessa--how fun. I had tears in my eyes too when you were describing Faith's accomplishment. love it...

Adri said...

What cute stories about your kiddies. I absolutely LOVE primary program week. What a fun calling you have, too! Wish we could have witnessed it all. Thanks for the great run-down. I love your blog and wish we were neighbors so I could hear these stories in PERSON!

Jennifer said...

Faith is so beautiful. What a triumph for her (and mom) to overcome her fear.

Primary Chorister is a great place to be especially around primary program! I'm glad you get to do it.