Sunday, October 14, 2007

News about our week

I have a beautiful calendar that helps us all stay organized. It has really worked well, until we missed Faith's soccer game yesterday. Now, I would love to blame it on the calendar, but it was Mommy who wrote down the wrong time! I felt terrible, but Faith just wanted a treat. So, we gave her a mini-Twix, and she was over it. Those little moments help me remember that everyone makes mistakes, and I am grateful for a forgiving daughter who will let me make those mistakes and learn from them.

I had an interesting insight today. Last Sunday was General Conference and I just LOVED it. Every talk inspired me, motivated me, and made me empowered to take on my job as a mother with a new calmness, organization and never-waivering love for my family. I was on a spiritual high and ready to implement all these new ideas I had been given during those 8 hours of conference.

But, as the week progressed, I caught myself being grumpy, not getting to my scripture study, losing patience with the kids and even Andrew! I didn't know what was wrong with me. So, today in Fast & Testimony Meeting, my eyes were opened to what had happened. The Adversary was WORKING ON ME! Satan didn't want me to strengthen my family and implement all these great ideas from Conference. He WANTED me to lose my patience, do as little as I could get away with and be selfish. And because I didn't initially recognize what was going on, I was allowing it to happen! Agh!

So, I am grateful for the Holy Ghost, who helped me recognize this. I am a new woman and will now implement all that I have planned to - and, as we say in our family, we will not let Satan win! We are talking about eternity here - he is NOT going to get the Croshaw family!

4 comments:

Katy said...

You're a great mom and you have always been an example to me.

Jennifer said...

You are so cute, Vanessa. I'm sure Mr. Satan wants to take you down, he's all too aware of how fabulous you are. I wish I could see you in action. Miss you guys and best of luck WINNING this week!

Adri said...

You are an inspirational Mommy! Yeah for the internet that lets me learn from you, even 2,000 miles away! Miss and love you lots!

Veerle said...

We vinden het fijn dat jullie deze mooie ervaringen en foto's met ons willen delen. We houden van- en missen jullie. Liefs...Veerle