Monday, October 8, 2007

On Tuesday night, we celebrated Palesa's 1st birthday. This sweet family is from South Africa and invited us over for the party. Junior (pronounced June-ya) is the mother and is absolutely adorable! It's fun to learn about their traditions. To the song "Happy Birthday" they sing (in their own language) essentially "Grow up, Grow up, Grow up!"
This is Faith with Palesa. She held her on her lap for at least 20 minutes, and we even had her laughing and saying "Dadada".
We had to post this picture. Grant took this, and (although I cropped it a bit), he did a great job! We don't often get a picture with both Mommy AND daddy in the picture - so here you have it. We were looking a little grubby in our pre-conference attire, but nonetheless, we're all happy and together.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Clark's surprised face, is the only time I've ever thought he looked like Grant! What a fun conference weekend!

Jennifer said...

James & Jacob taught me that they are MORE THAN WILLING to take pictures using my camera. Definitely let Grant get more pictures of his parents. I wish I had more pictures of me with one of my parents growing up.