Sunday, October 28, 2007

Brothers Reading - I thought this was SO cute of Clark to invite John into his bed to "read" some books. I get so tickled by brotherly love - it's what makes my job worth it! These two boys just have so much fun together: reading books, putting lego guys on surfboards, Rescue Heroes, or using my kitchen tools as weapons! Boys will be boys!
One morning this week, I snapped this shot of my sweet Faith lying next to Daddy. This was so uncharacteristic of Andrew to still be sleeping, but he had been up really late the night before talking to family on the phone!

On Thursday night, Andrew and I were invited to attend a Reception for the current White House Fellows. These are probably the most impressive people I have ever met! They are doctors, fighter pilots, lawyers, career military, etc. They have taken a year away from their careers to work hands-on with the US Government. The day before this event, they had just sat down for a personal conversation with President Bush that lasted 2 hours! Their comments were that they wish the public could see him like they did - very down-to-earth, genuine and sincere. They were all extremely impressed by him, and by their assignments for the year!

What a privilege to even be in the presence of these incredible people! I just love DC and the opportunities we have here!

I want Mimi to know that we are praying for her and are happy that she is feeling a little better everyday! We are SO excited for Halloween, because we get to have our Mimi and Papa out here with us! Aren't we lucky? Keep improving, Mom! You can do it, you can do it, you can do it, YAY!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Vanessa - I've missed you. Apparently you HAVE been posting, but it's not showing up on my feed. It keeps saying that your last post was Oct. 14th so now I'm very confused.

I LOVE the pics of the boys reading together. I love having boys close together. It really is one of the sweetest things (until they BOTH leave for their missions - that's going to be tough).