Monday, October 1, 2007

What's Bang-Clock, Mom?

We have been talking a lot about Mimi's blood clot, and what that means. I have also talked a lot about Aunt Mindy and Uncle Jeff who live in Bangkok! So, in John's world, they came together to be "Bang-clock".

Johnny walks around asking "What's Bang-clock, mom?' Each time he asks this, I must (and I mean, MUST) explain about Mimi's blood clot in her leg. My answer is basically "A blood clot is something in Mimi's leg that really hurts!" He'll ask the same question at least 4 times (requiring an answer after EVERY one) until he's satisfied. Then, he'll ask "Mimi's leg feeling better?" And, my answer is always YES...because, Mom, we hope it IS feeling better!

Another "funny" from Johnny today was in the van on the way to school. After we dropped Grant & Faith, he was singing "Follow the Rocket...follow the rocket (instead of "Prophet") and then giggling at himself! It was so cute!

The other morning, we fixed WHEAT for breakfast. Needless to say the kids are never excited for wheat cereal. Clark heard about what we were having, and came into the bathroom and said "Mom, I don't want MEAT cereal!" Neither would I.

Church yesterday was ROUGH! I was very overwhelmed by the otherwise "normal" Sacrament Meeting. I think I was banking on Andrew showing up at any moment, and then when he didn't (he was meeting with the Stk. Pres.) I was put over the edge. As we left the Chapel, and happened to run into Andrew, I just burst into tears! I hit my breaking point! I can't even really put my finger on why it was SO much harder than usual yesterday, but it just was. I made it through and we re-loaded our church bag with some different "readers" and "Friends", so we'll be ready for next Sunday, especially if Daddy needs to be out again! The Lords plan is to have TWO parents in every family! I am a firm believer in that! The kids need us both, and we certainly need each other!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Johnny is a HOOT!!! I wish you had a recording of "Follow the Rocket" that seems like the coolest song.

Church crisis really are the worst aren't they? You are trying so hard to be diligent and be in the right place and get something out of being there, but our kids make it impossible. I get so frustrated that my boys (who ought to be old enough to have a clue by now) still give us grief and bug the little sister. I ditched Jon two weeks ago because I got real dizzy and needed to go eat and put my head back. The report I got later from Jon (and from a friend sitting a pew over) was that they were HORRIBLE. He kept taking Jessica out to practice being reverent, but when he'd come back our boys were getting all wound up because we were sitting close to one of their friends. Then Jon felt like he couldn't leave. The Point: it really takes TWO or MORE to contain kids at church. Now I feel even more sorry for skipping out on him.

Adri said...

It is so fun to read about your life as a mom. Since I think you are practically perfect, I love that you occasionally write about how hard motherhood is...it makes me feel like I'm not in good company! I miss you and wish we could have gone to the reading fair together. What a fun time!