Sunday, October 28, 2007

We have had a GREAT week! On Monday, we made Halloween cupcakes for our FHE treat! Of course, the lesson went well because the kids were excited to EAT! We have no had 3 FHEs about the Steps to going to the bathroom! Has anyone else had this problem? All 8 steps are clearly posted in the bathroom. Somehow we tend to forget to flush and wash our hands! We told the kids we'll need to repeat this FHE until they can do it correctly. So, guess what the topic is for FHE tomorrow night???

What do you get when you have ONE Mom, an 8-year old, 7-year old, 6-year old, 5-year old, 3-year old and a 2-year old; 2 1/2 hours in the car, 3 stinky diapers and POURING rain? You get a GREAT DAY! The kids didn't have school on Friday, and I was watching the two Sampson boys, so I packed lunch and all 6 of them in the car, and we drove to the Baltimore Children's Museum called Port Discovery! We had such a great time! The kids learned about Egypt, hieroglyphics, played soccer, built with blocks, played in moon sand, played a game of chess, climbed up this 3-story jungle gym, and my house stayed clean through it all! It truly was a great day!
That evening we watched this darling little boy, Brendan Toone, while his parents went to the temple. Faith was such a sweet little mommy to him - he was a joy to have around!
This is one of Faith's dress-up outfits! The combination just made me laugh. I used to wear this when I was a baton-twirler. How old was I Mom? Maybe 5? I remember LOVING to march and twirl my baton - life was sure simple then!
Our cute friends, the Wallins came to visit today (Sunday) from North Carolina. They moved from DC in June and Faith had asked almost every day "When is Abbi going to come back and visit?" Abbi, Faith and Isabelle had a great time together doing GIRL stuff for a few hours while we prepared the ham & potatoes dinner upstairs.

We had a fantastic Stake Conference today! Elder Hafen was our visiting authority and he (and his wife) brought such a sweet spirit to the meetings. I was touched and motivated to be a better mother, do what matters most, and not worry about the rest.

One thing that really struck me was that I, as a mother, MUST be unwaivering in my faith, testimony and obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I need to be doing EVERYTHING the Lord has asked me to do - not only for my own salvation, but as an example to my children of how they should pattern their lives. I am motivated to be better!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erica said...

I just LOVE reading your posts, they are so uplifting. You have the best outlook on life!! I strive to be more like you! We are so excited to babysit on Friday!!!

Jennifer said...

You are the cutest and bravest mother EVER! Six children single-handedly to a museum??? I'm speechless. Impressive.